Since I've moved to Oregon 2 years ago, I've been lonely. I keep in touch with my friends, but it seems they are too busy to get together with me. I understand that they have their own lives to live, but it would be nice to spend time with them outside work and church. Any thoughts?
How about making friends also outside of work?
ReplyDeleteDo you have a special cafe you like to go to?
For me now. Since I really don't know I soul here...well, a couple people. But not very well, they have their own life. I'm just as lonely. I'll meet and talk to people at the store and stuff. But no friends. Daren is working alot.But I prepared myself for that.
But channel yourself out lady. GO meet people. The great things about meeting new people. You start over. Fresh from the start!! Particular hobby you like to do? Well, join some club or organization.
Also with people at your work. They like you but from MY past experiences... There was one girl who I use to work with at your office that we scrapbooked alot together. When I had a baaaaad day there and her and I had plans to scrap, I'd make a rule. "Look. NO talking about work. NO bringing up anyone's names. I want to enjoy myself and not think of work at all!!" I had to tell her this!
So my point. Sometimes getting away from work is also getting away from the co-workers. I KNOW that sounds god-awful! But work is your link to them. Sometimes a break from your brain thinking about it is good for you. I love my Mindy and Jenn. Without them there I would have literally gone crazy. They were the calm before the storm. My saviors.
However, I had other things in common with them also.
Do you have anything else in common with them? Besides work??? Really think about it?
If not, your able to make friends in your town also.
Your a very guarded person Kris. I can tell this. But what things you like to do???????
You can e-mail too. Ya know.
Talk to you later :)
Hey there! I left you something on my blog! :)
ReplyDelete